FACT SHEET - NEXT IS NOW Capital Campaign
Texas State University announced Oct. 8 that it had raised more than $172 million to launch the public phase of its $250 million NEXT IS NOW capital campaign. The campaign is the largest in Texas State history.
- Campaign Goal: $250 million
- Gifts and Pledges to Date: $172 million
- Number of Donors: 40,000
- Number of Gifts: 110,221
- Endowment Growth: $165 million in 2014 to $300 million in 2021
The NEXT IS NOW campaign is comprised of four categories: student support (scholarships, enrichment programs and support services); teaching and research (endowed faculty positions and research enterprise); campuses (new buildings, facilities and renovations); and athletics (upgraded training facilities and athletic scholarships).
Funds raised since 2014 for NEXT IS NOW
- Students: $94 million for scholarships and student enrichment programs
- Academics: $39 million in support of research and teaching
- Campus: $27 million for building and facilities construction and renovation
- Athletics: $12 million for athletic facilities and programs
Project highlights from silent phase include more than $69 million raised for student scholarships, $9.6 million for The Wittliff Collections, $7.1 million in gifts for the construction of Bruce and Gloria Ingram Hall for science and engineering, $5 million for Willow Hall which houses College of Health Professions departments on the Round Rock Campus and $1.2 million supporting renovations of Albert B. Alkek Library.
For more information, visit www.ua.txstate.edu/nextisnow.html.
Share this article
For more information, contact University Communications:
Jayme Blaschke, 512-245-2555
Sandy Pantlik, 512-245-2922